Why Get a VA Loan
Learn About the Advantages of VA Loans
Service to our country comes with benefits. One of the benefits, for qualified veterans, service members and spouses, is the VA Home Loan program. Whether you’re buying a home for the first time or already have a mortgage, a VA loan can make homeownership more affordable.
How You Benefit
Compared to other home loans, VA loans make it easier to buy or refinance a home because of benefits like these:
- Your upfront costs are lower. Although you still need money for closing costs, most veterans and service members can buy a home with zero down.
- You can qualify with a lower credit score and more debt compared to conventional loans.
- When refinancing to get cash out, you can borrow up to 100% of your home’s value.
- VA loans don’t require mortgage insurance, saving you additional fees.
- You often get a better interest rate, which means you pay less over the life of the loan.
See Your VA Loan Options
Use our calculators to find out what your monthly payment and rate could be.Calculate Now