- Jumbo Loan
Jumbo Smart Loan – Jumbo Loan Requirements for 2021
Now it’s easier than ever to buy or refinance a home between $548,251 and $2.5 million.
What Makes A Jumbo Smart Loan Different?
Jumbo Smart is the new jumbo loan offering from Quicken Loans. Here are the key differences between a Jumbo Smart loan and our previous jumbo loan.
- The max loan amount is now $2.5 million (previously $2 million).
- You can now finance investment properties (previously only primary residences and second homes).
- We only need one appraisal, in most cases.
- Your debt-to-income ratio (DTI) can be as much as 45% (previously 43%).
- Your loan-to-value ratio (LTV) can be up to 89.99% (previously 80%).
- Minimum FICO® Score is now 680 (previously 700).
- Cash-out refinance is now allowed on second homes and investment properties (previously only primary residences).
- Self-employed people don’t need to provide as many documents.
- With fewer requirements, you can easily apply online.
How Jumbo Smart Loans Work
- Jumbo Smart loans are great for people who need to borrow up to $2.5 million to buy or refinance a home. These larger loans are often known as jumbo loans.
- Jumbo loans are also called nonconforming loans because they’re over conventional loan limits.
- In most of the country, the 2021 conventional loan limit is $548,250. The limit is $822,375 in many high-cost areas, but loan limits vary. It’s important to look up loan limits in your area.
- If you need a loan greater than the conventional loan limit in your area, then our Jumbo Smart loan may be a good option for you.
What You’ll Need To Qualify For A Jumbo Smart Loan
- A down payment greater than 10%.
- A minimum FICO® Score of 680.
- A debt-to-income ratio (DTI) of no more than 45%. Estimate your DTI by adding your monthly debt payments (such as credit card and car payments) and dividing the total by your monthly income before taxes.
- Money to cover closing costs, which are about 2% – 6% of the purchase price.
- A maximum loan-to-value ratio (LTV) of 89.99% (previously capped at 80%).
Take the first step toward the right mortgage.
Jumbo Smart Loan Benefits
- Fewer requirements and a simpler process (compared to previous jumbo loans) make it easier to get a big loan.
- Purchase a home with a down payment greater than 10%.
- Unlike many conventional loans, no mortgage insurance is required, even when your down payment is less than 20%.
- Jumbo Smart loans are available for primary homes, second homes and investment properties, located on up to 20 acres.
- We offer a 30-year fixed interest rate on our Jumbo Smart mortgages.
- Jumbo Smart loans are available for both one- and two-unit properties.
Advantages Of Getting A Jumbo Smart Loan From Quicken Loans
- Apply online and work at whatever pace is convenient for you.
- Home Loan Experts are available via chat, email and phone to help you get the Jumbo Smart loan that’s right for you.
- We don’t charge you to make your mortgage payments online.
- No prepayment penalties if you pay off your loan early.
Why Choose Quicken Loans
Highest In Customer Satisfaction In The U.S. - J.D. Power
Recommended Next Steps
Find The Answers You Need
Visit our Learning Center, where we break down the mortgage process so it’s easier to understand.
Calculate What You Can Afford
Get an estimate on how much home you can afford, the down payment you’ll need and what your monthly payment could be.
Lock Your Rate
With Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans®, start your mortgage application right away by answering just a few basic questions about your goals.