Not sure what kind of a loan is right for you?
With Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans, our faster, simpler and totally online way to get a mortgage, you can find out which loan option is right for you.
Not comfortable starting online? Answer a few questions, and we’ll have a Home Loan Expert call you.
Benefits of a 15-Year Fixed
Pay Less Interest over the Course of Your Loan
- Rest easy knowing your monthly principal and interest payment won’t change.
- Pay off your mortgage faster than with other loans.
- Buy your primary home with as little as 3% down.
- Refinance your primary home for up to 97% of its value.
Why You Should Choose Quicken Loans
- You’ll get a completely online application process with less paperwork, and you can track the status of your mortgage application.
- Our Home Loan Experts are available to answer your questions and help you understand the details so you get the right mortgage for you.
- After you close your loan, you can manage your mortgage online without any hidden fees.
- We service 99% of our mortgages, which means you can expect our great customer service to continue after you close.
How a 15-Year Fixed Works
- You’ll pay off the mortgage in 15 years. Because you’ll pay off the loan faster than a 30-year mortgage, you’ll pay less in interest over the life of the loan.
- You can pay down your mortgage at any time without prepayment penalties.
- Your payment will go toward paying the principal (the amount you borrow) and interest (a fee you agree to pay when borrowing the money). It will also be used to pay your taxes and insurance.
- With a fixed interest rate, your principal and interest payments won’t change over the life of the loan. The amount for your taxes and insurance can go up and down.
- You might have to pay for mortgage insurance. This depends on your down payment if you’re buying a home, or how much equity you have if you’re refinancing.