Ready to get started right away?
Get personalized loan options from Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans, our fast, powerful and completely online way to get a mortgage.
Prefer to get started over the phone? Fill out a short form and a Home Loan Expert will call you.
VA Loan Calculator
See your potential monthly payment and rate for different types of VA loans so you can compare options.
Buying a Home with a VA Loan
- Most veterans and service members won’t need a down payment.
- You can qualify with a lower credit score and more debt compared to conventional loans.
- VA loans have lower interest rates, so you pay less over time.
Refinancing with a VA Loan
- Get better interest rates than home equity loans and lines of credit.
- Borrow up to 100% of your home’s value with a VA cash-out refinance.
- Already have a VA loan? Ask us about refinancing up to 120% of your home’s value.
The Benefits of Getting a VA Loan from Quicken Loans
- We’re a VA-approved lender who processes VA loans every day.
- You get a completely online application supported by real people when you need them.
- Our Home Loan Experts work directly with the VA to get your Certificate of Eligibility and other paperwork.
- We service 99% of our mortgages, so our great customer service continues after you close.
- We don’t charge you to make your mortgage payments online.
- You can pay off your mortgage ahead of time with no penalties.
Why We’re America’s Largest Mortgage Lender
“I was extremely pleased with the way Quicken loans handled my entire mortgage loan process. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier. I had been wanting to consolidate a traditional 30-year fixed mortgage and a Home Equity Loan we took out to renovate an old home we had purchased. I am a retired U.S. Army General and have been a dedicated USAA customer for more than forty years.
“The entire process we had with Quicken was light years different. As an EMC employee I attended a lunchtime mortgage webinar presented by Quicken Loans. I was intrigued and from my first phone call the entire process was a world of difference. I was fully informed all the time as the process proceeded. Uploading documents was incredibly easy. I received periodic phone calls to explain what was happening and our closing was a breeze.”
John C., MG (Retired), USA
How It Works
The Different Types of VA Loans
- VA loans are available with fixed rates on a variety of terms, so you can choose the length of the mortgage that works for you.
- Need something more short term? You can still get a low interest rate with a 5-year adjustable rate mortgage.
- We finance jumbo VA loans up to $1,500,000.
How VA Loans Work
- Getting a VA loan for the first time? Your service or situation must meet the VA’s guidelines to be eligible. We can help you find out.
- Used your VA loan benefits before? You may be able to use them again. We can help with that too.
- You can use your basic allowance for housing to pay your monthly mortgage payment.
- VA loans don’t require private mortgage insurance (PMI), which means one less fee added on to your monthly payment.
- The VA funding fee, which replaces PMI, can be rolled into your loan amount.
- You’ll need less at closing because the VA limits what lenders charge for some fees.