Not Sure If You’re Eligible?
Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans is the quickest way to start your mortgage application. Answer a few questions to see what you qualify for.
If you prefer to get started over the phone, fill out a short form and we’ll contact you to help you with your application.
VA Loan Calculator
Compare potential monthly payment and rates for different VA loan options and decide what works best for you.
What is a VA Loan?
A VA loan is a mortgage option for people who meet the VA’s guidelines for military service. VA loans are guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs. In most cases, you’ll get your loan from an approved private lender, like a mortgage company or bank.
Quicken Loans is a VA-approved lender. We offer these types of VA loans:
- Fixed-rates with a variety of terms, so you can choose the length of the mortgage that works for you
- Adjustable rates (ARMs) if you’re looking to stay in your home for 5 or 7 years
- Jumbo loans if your loan will be between $484,351 and $1,500,000
Qualifying for a VA Loan
When you apply for a VA loan, we’ll want to make sure you have sufficient income and that you’re eligible for this type of loan. If your situation meets the VA’s guidelines for type and length of service, they’ll issue a Certificate of Eligibility to confirm you’re eligible. If you haven’t already, we’ll apply for your Certificate of Eligibility to save you some time. Click here to learn more about eligibility.
To qualify for a VA loan with Quicken Loans, we recommend having a credit score of at least 620 and a debt-to-income ratio no more than 60%.
- Most veterans and service members won’t need a down payment.
- You can qualify with a lower credit score and more debt compared to conventional loans.
- If you already have a VA loan, you can refinance up to 120% of your home’s value.
- Keep in mind that if you’re taking cash out of your current VA loan, you can only borrow up to 100% of your home’s value.