What’s the best option for me?
With Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans, our faster, simpler and totally online way to get a mortgage, you can find out which loan option is right for you.
Not comfortable starting online? Answer a few questions, and we’ll have a Home Loan Expert call you.
Advantages of a 30-Year Fixed
- Your monthly payments will be less for a 30-year fixed than a 15-year fixed mortgage, even though interest rates for a 15-year fixed are generally a little lower. That’s because your payments will be spread out over a longer period.
- Today’s low interest rate for a 30-year fixed is 4.56% (4.823% APR), and the interest rate for a 15-year fixed is 3.99% (4.497% APR).
- Your interest rate is fixed for the life of the loan, so you don’t have worry about rising rates.
- Buy your primary home with as little as 3% down.
- Refinance your primary home for up to 97% of its value.
The Benefits of Getting a Loan from Quicken Loans
- You’ll get a completely online application process with less paperwork, and you can track the status of your mortgage application.
- Our Home Loan Experts are available to answer your questions and help you understand the details so you get the right mortgage for you.
- After you close your loan, you can manage your mortgage online without any hidden fees.
- We service 99% of our mortgages, which means you can expect our great customer service to continue after you close.
How It Works
How a 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Works
- You’ll pay off the mortgage in 30 years. Although you’ll pay more interest over the life of the loan compared to a 15-year fixed, your monthly payments will be lower.
- You can pay down your mortgage at any time without prepayment penalties.
- Your payment will go toward paying the principal (the amount you borrow) and interest (a fee you agree to pay when borrowing the money). It’ll also be used to pay your taxes and insurance.
- With a fixed interest rate, your principal and interest payments won’t change over the life of the loan. The amount for your taxes and insurance can go up and down.
- You might have to pay for mortgage insurance. This depends on your down payment if you’re buying a home, or how much equity you have if you’re refinancing.
Whether you’re purchasing a home or refinancing one, you can estimate your monthly payment with our mortgage calculators.
- Mortgage rates could change daily.
- Actual payments will vary based on your individual situation and current rates.
- Some products may not be available in all states.
- Some jumbo products may not be available to first time home buyers.
- Lending services may not be available in all areas.
- Some restrictions may apply.
- Based on the purchase/refinance of a primary residence with no cash out at closing.
- We assumed (unless otherwise noted) that: closing costs are paid out of pocket; this is your primary residence and is a single family home; debt-to-income ratio is less than 30%; and credit score is over 720, or in the case of certain Jumbo products we assume a credit score over 740; and an escrow account for the payment of taxes and insurance.
- The lock period for your rate is 40 days.
- The loan to value (LTV) ratio is 75%. If LTV > 80%, PMI will be added to your monthly mortgage payment, with the exception of Military/VA loans. Military/VA loans do not require PMI.
- Please remember that we don’t have all your information. Therefore, the rate and payment results you see from this calculator may not reflect your actual situation. Quicken Loans offers a wide variety of loan options. You may still qualify for a loan even if your situation doesn’t match our assumptions. To get more accurate and personalized results, please call (800) 251-9080 to talk to one of our mortgage experts.