Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
With the holidays approaching fast, you’ve most likely made your list, checked it twice and hit every online and local retailer to find the perfect gift for your family and friends.
Before you check gift shopping off your holiday to-do list, here are a few more people you should add this year. From your child’s favorite teacher to the hairstylist who keeps you looking good, here’s a gift guide for everyone else who has made a difference in your life.
Whether it’s your college professor or your child’s band instructor, teachers tackle many responsibilities that go far beyond educating. They’re often a mentor, a confidant, a tutor after school and the cheerleader in the stands.
For those who give so much, give the gift of relaxation, like cozy slippers to wear while grading papers, or a gift that will get some good use, like a gift card to use on necessary purchases or personal splurges.
- Women’s Cozy Faux Fur Slipper Boot – $10
- Floral Oil Diffuser – $24
- “F in Exams” Book – $9
- Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox – $11
- Amazon Gift Card – $50
We often spend so much time with our coworkers that they start to feel like close friends and family. You might even see your coworkers more than your friends and family if you work a 9-to-5 job, Monday through Friday.
For the coworker that’s got your back on late-night projects and important presentations, show them you care this holiday season by decking out their desk with useful items like a desktop organizer or a space heater for the chilly days in the office.
- Desktop Organizer and Phone Charging Station – $22
- Portable Space Heater – $29
- Portable Light Therapy Energy Lamp – $40
- Cell Phone Grip and Stand – $15
- Digital Photo Frame – $35
Like your coworkers, you might spend a lot of time with your boss that in turn develops a close relationship, much like a mentor and mentee. Even if you just view your boss as an authority figure, giving a gift could go a long way to show your appreciation.
For the leader of your team or the head of your company, don’t forget to show your boss that you’re thinking of them by giving them a special gift, like a leather wallet or watch, or something that they can enjoy after hours, like a cocktail kit.
- Amazon Echo Dot – $20
- Gourmet Coffee Basket – $45
- Gin and Tonic Carry-On Cocktail Kit – $24
- Fossil Leather Watch – $115
- Leather Wallet/ Money Clip – $27
Hairstylist or Barber
They’re the ones who keep you looking fresh and stylish, encourage you to switch up your style or maybe save you from making a huge style faux pas. Yep, we’re talking about your hairstylist or barber.
A lot of people are committed to just one hairdresser, so they develop a relationship from sitting hours on end in their chair. If you’re close with your hairstylist or barber, show them you care by upgrading their toolkit or giving them the gift of relaxation after being on their feet all day.
- Makeup Bags and Organizer – $5
- Personalized Tan Leather Scissor Case – $30
- Denim Work Apron – $57
- Invisibobble Hair Ring – $8
- Conair Foot and Pedicure Spa – $22
Mail carriers are the unsung heroes of our everyday lives. Rain or shine, you can count on your paper and packages to be delivered right to your door. Whether you’ve exchanged a few pleasantries in the past or don’t know your mail carrier’s name at all, surprise them this holiday season with a gift that acknowledges their hard work.
Since it’s the season for frigid temperatures and icy conditions, give your mail carrier some warm gloves, hand warmers or a tumbler that will keep their morning cup of coffee hot all day long.
- 40-Pack of Hand Warmers – $27
- Orthotic Shoe Inserts – $19
- YETI Insulated Tumbler – $30
- Wireless In-Ear Headphones – $30
- Knit Touch Tech Gloves – $5
Whether you’re living in an apartment or a house in a cul-de-sac, your neighbors play a more important role in your life than you think. They might keep you and your family safe through a neighborhood watch group or maybe they just go the extra mile and shovel your driveway when it snows.
Even if you’re not close to your neighbors, the holidays might be a great time to make some introductions. Head next door and bring popcorn, chocolate or (if you go the traditional route) a flower arrangement. You might even make a few new friends!
- Godiva Advent Calendar Chocolates – $25
- Custom Ornament – $9
- Sleigh Flower Arrangement – $50
- Funny Neighbors Doormat – $50
- Santa Popcorn Tin – $36 – $62
Baby Sitter or Pet Sitter
Your baby sitter or pet sitter has your back, watching your little one or your four-legged fur baby. Baby sitters in particular play an active role in keeping your child safe, making sure they do their homework and reminding them to eat their greens.
Your baby sitter might even feel like part of the family, so be sure to give them a gift that shows your appreciation. Consider a few gifts that will help them relax, like a face mask or cozy slippers, or a gift that could get some good use, like a portable phone charger.
- Tote Bag and Wristlet – $50
- Portable Phone Charger – $100
- Lapcos Variety Mask and Exfoliating Pad Set – $22
- Mini Mani Month Nail Set – $59
- Far Away from Close Sequined Moccasin Slippers – $78
Whether you’re roommates by choice or by circumstance, this is a person who shares your space, so let them know you’re thinking of them this holiday season by giving them the perfect present.
It doesn’t matter if the space you’re sharing is cozy or cramped, gifts that can get some good use include cell phone chargers, noise-canceling headphones or a personalized mug.
- 12-Foot Long Charging Cable Cord – $16
- Throw Blanket – $48
- Shower Caddy – $15
- Personalized Mug – $6
- Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones – $30
Your religious leader might be someone who mentors you at your church or an uplifting presence who encourages you throughout the week. It can also be a person of authority in your church who you know could use some relaxing during the holidays.
For the people who put others before themselves, give your religious leader a gift that takes care of them, like a meal subscription service to save grocery store trips or a pre-paid hotel room for their business or personal travels.
- Hotel Travel Gift Card (Email Delivery) – $25 – $500
- Personalized Engraved Journal – $26
- 2-Week Blue Apron Meal Subscription – $120
- 1-Year Audible Audio Book Subscription – $180
- Inspirational Poster – $19
Others to Consider
Before you wrap up your holiday gift list, here are a few others you should consider adding. From your child’s school bus driver to your personal trainer that keeps you motivated and fit, show these individuals you care with a gift this holiday season.
- Landlord: Chocolates and Wine Pairing – $45
- Long-Distance Friend: Long Distance Friendship Lamp – $85 – $170
- Personal Trainer: Nike Running Arm Band – $35
- Bus Driver: School Bus Driver Ornament – $18
This holiday season, don’t forget about those on the outside of your inner circle who make a difference in your life. We hope this gave you some good ideas or at least a place to start your shopping list.
Did we miss anyone? Let us know who you’ll be adding to your holiday shopping list this year in the comment section below!
If so, subscribe now for tips on home, money, and life delivered straight to your inbox.