Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
If you’re tired of trying to find a good seat at the bar and want to save some money, it’s time to make your own football man cave. Don’t worry, you don’t have to add on to the house. You can build it right in your garage!
Here are a few suggestions for how to turn your garage into the ultimate football man cave.
The NFL kicks off in September and lasts all the way through February, meaning it’s going to get cold.
To stay warm, you’re going to want to properly insulate your garage. If your garage is already insulated, you can bring in a space heater and blankets to keep you extra warm. You could use blankets from the house for the garage, but remember, this is a football man cave!
Find blankets and pillows that show off your team pride, like these:
- Atlanta Falcons Double-Sided Plush Throw Blanket $38
- Northwest NFL Body Pillow Packers $28
- Orange and Blue Cotton Throw $40
- Quartz Infrared Cabinet Heater $109
No one wants to be “lying on the cold, hard ground” like Taylor Swift, so during your football man-cave renovation, it’s probably a great time to think about upgrading that garage floor.
There are plenty of options when it comes to concrete/garage-floor paint. You can even pick a color that matches the color of your home team.
Another option is laying down some flooring. Depending on the quality of the flooring, this option will run you anywhere from $1 – $4 per square foot.
Painting or laying down flooring is one of the final steps in a finished room. Once you decide between paint or flooring, use a rug to tie the space together. You can go for something neutral or choose one that displays your team’s logo or colors proudly.
- Rust-Oleum RockSolid Black Polycuramine 2.5 Car Garage Floor Kit $209
- Diamond Royal Blue Modular Tile Garage Flooring (24-Pack) $72
- Dallas Cowboys 64” x 92” Homefield Rug $200
This isn’t just any man cave. This is a football man cave, so you better be sporting your favorite team as much as possible. Banners, posters, signs, photos, jerseys or anything of the sort will do just fine.
- Philadelphia Eagles Fanatics Authentic Super Bowl LII Champions Mahogany Football Logo Display Case $90
- New Orleans Saints Fanatics Authentic Black Framed Jersey Display Case $180
- NFL Indianapolis Colts 5-Layer StadiumViews 3D Wall Art $50
- NFL San Francisco 49ers Mini Helmet $40
- NFL Miami Dolphins Vintage Cloud Pillow $20
Let’s be real: You’re probably going to be in here most of the day on Sunday, so the furniture needs to be comfortable.
Look for plush pieces that also clean up easily. That could be a leather sofa (wipe any spills right off) or a microfiber recliner (microfiber is stain resistant). As long as you can imagine yourself sitting on it for a few hours while you watch the game, that’s what’s important.
- Chicago Bears Blue Recliner Protector $30
- Pittsburgh Steelers TV Trays with Stand $239
- Pomona Motion Leather Reclining Sofa $780
- NFL COS Coach Manual Recliner $600
- Schrager Oversize Leather Manual Recliner $426
The last thing you want to do during a game is miss a play because you were in the kitchen getting snacks. Instead of going into the kitchen to heat up your queso dip, bring the kitchen to the man cave with essential kitchen appliances.
Essentials could include a microwave, a minifridge, a slow cooker or a small grill. If you want, you can even get many of these appliances with your team’s logo on it!
- Carolina Panthers 4.6 Cubic Foot Refrigerated Beverage Center $750
- Hamilton Beach 0.7 Cubic Foot Microwave Oven $35
- Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker $40
- George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill $72
The TV is the pièce de résistance of any man cave.
On football Sundays, it’s a necessity to have NFL RedZone on from 1:00 p.m. ET to the end of the day. If you’re a football fan and you don’t have NFL RedZone or don’t know what it is, contact your cable provider and order it. I can tell you from experience that it’s the greatest thing to ever happen to NFL fans.
Despite what you might think, nice TVs are fairly affordable nowadays. A standard 42-inch smart TV will cost you around $250 – $400. But the bigger you go, the bigger the price tag.
- Samsung Electronics UN43MU6290FXZA 43” 4K Ultra HD Smart LEDTV (2017 Model) $400
- TCL 55S405 55” 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model) $350
- Samsung – 65″ Class – LED – NU7300 Series – Curved – 2160p – Smart – 4K UHD TV with HDR $900
- LG – 43″ Class – LED – LK5700 Series – 1080p – Smart – HDTV $280
Do you have any suggestions for creating the ideal football man cave? Share in the comment section below!
If so, subscribe now for tips on home, money, and life delivered straight to your inbox.