The Clean Slate Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
- Eligibility: The Clean Slate Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to: legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, all at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Quicken Loans Inc. and RockLoans Marketplace LLC dba RocketLoans (“Sponsors”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and any advertising, promotion, and all other service agencies, involved with the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household of each such employee (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable, federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein
- Sponsors: Quicken Loans Inc., 1050 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226 and RockLoans Marketplace LLC dba RocketLoans, 1274 Library Street, 2nd Floor, Detroit, MI 48226.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on December 14, 2017 at 10:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 14, 2018 at 5:00:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period to be valid.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, go to the Zing Blog available at www.quickenloans.com/blog/Clean-slate-sweepstakes (the “Website”) and fill out the entry form completely, by providing your name, email address, phone number and any other information requested to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. Entrants will be added to the Zing Blog email subscriber list. Limit of one (1) Entry per person/email daily. Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide all required information, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
Bonus Entries: In addition to the entry method described above, after an entrant has completed an Entry, he or she may follow the instructions on the Website to invite other people to participate in the Sweepstakes on his or her own Facebook wall, Twitter feed, pinning on the entrants Pinterest Wall, or sharing via Google+, which will include posting a unique link generated by the Website share function (“Invitation Post”). An entrant will receive ten (10) bonus Sweepstakes entries for each person that clicks on the unique link in an entrant’s Invitation Post and subsequently successfully registers for the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of fifty (50) bonus entries during the entire Sweepstakes Period. In order to obtain the bonus entries, an entrant must have a Facebook account, Twitter account, Pinterest account, and/or Google+ account.
To receive valid bonus entries, sharing posts must include the hashtag #Sweepstakes. Entries via this share method that do not include the required hashtag may not receive entry into the Sweepstakes. Individuals (and his or her Entries) that do not include the #Sweepstakes in their Bonus entries may be disqualified, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
There is a maximum limit of one hundred and thirteen (113) Entries per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Entry Period as broken out above. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Day” shall be defined as each calendar day, beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the same day, except for the first day of the Sweepstakes (December 14, 2017), which shall start at 10:00:00 a.m. ET and the last day of the Sweepstakes (February 14, 2018), which shall end at 5:00:00 p.m. ET.
Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
- Prizes (3):
Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) $4,000.00 check made payable to the winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $4,000.00.
Second Place Prize (1): One (1) Second Place Prize Winner will receive one (1) $500.00 check made payable to the winner. ARV: $500.00.
Third Place Prize (1): One (1) Third Place Prize Winner will receive one (1) $250.00 check made payable to the winner. ARV: $250.00
General prize terms: ARVs are as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Limit: one (1) prize per person/household. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsors reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Winners of any prize valued at over $600 will be issued an IRS 1099-Misc form. Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize after confirmation. Prizes will only be awarded to the verified winners and may not be assigned.
Total ARV of all prizes awarded: $4,750.00.
- Drawing: On or around February 21, 2018, Sponsors will randomly pick one (1) Grand Prize Winner, one (1) Second Place Winner, and one (1) Third Place Winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
On or around February 28, 2018 potential winners will be notified via the email address and/or phone number provided during entry into the Sweepstakes. Potential winners are subject to verification. Potential winners will have two (2) business days to respond to Sponsors to verify acceptance of a prize, or the prize may be forfeited, and an alternative winner may be randomly selected by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then winner may be disqualified and the prize maybe forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsors reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected randomly. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) business days of attempted notification or their prize may be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsors are not responsible for any chance of email address, mail address and/or phone number of entrants.
- General Conditions: Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsors reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsors are not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the Website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the Website, or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, winners (or parent/legal guardian if any winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) grant to SponsorS, and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, each winner’s name, portrait, picture, video, voice, likeness, footage and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name/hometown on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
- Release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsors resulting from your participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for any errors in these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes materials, or the announcement of Winners, including but not limited to such error that a prize may have been won. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsors, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, and agents, and the platforms on which the Sweepstakes is conducted including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google,, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (“Sweepstakes Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Michigan law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsors will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsors shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND (2) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE AND IN SECTION 9(B)-(D), SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Michigan, in the County of Wayne.
- Winner’s List: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Zing Blog Team (Marketing), Quicken Loans, Inc., 1050 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226. Requests must be received within 30 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, produced, executed, or administered by Facebook, Inc., Twitter Inc., Pinterest Inc., and/or Google Inc.
Copyright ©2017 Quicken Loans, Inc. Quicken Loans® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Quicken Loans, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.