QUICKEN LOANS – The Zing Always On Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME FO ENTRY. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. (AND EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF A GE OR OLDER WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C.
Please read these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) carefully before entering the Quicken Loans – The Zing Always On Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that you have read and are bound by the terms and conditions set forth below as if you had signed a written contract. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions set forth below, you may not enter the Sweepstakes.
- Void Where Prohibited or Restricted by Law. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void in any state or local jurisdiction where it is prohibited or restricted by law or regulation.
- Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Quicken Loans, Inc., 1050 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI, 48226 (the “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia, but excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years of age or older at the time they enter the Sweepstakes who are located in the United States or the District of Columbia (but not Puerto Rico) at the time of entry. In order to be deemed eligible to win a Prize an entrant must be eligible as defined in this subsection and must otherwise fully comply with the requirements stated in these Official Rules. Such persons are referred to herein as (“Eligible Entrant(s)” or “Entrant(s)”). All other persons are not eligible to participate or to win a Prize. Any entry by a person that does not meet the eligibility criteria will be considered void.
Employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents of the Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers, and advertising, judging, and promotion agencies, Sponsor-authorized parties associated with the design, administration, and/or fulfilment of the Sweepstakes, and all other services agencies involved with the Promotion (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of the immediate families of such persons (spouses, children, siblings and their respective spouses, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes.
- The Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes period begins at 9:00:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, November 4, 2016 and concludes at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on Monday, January 2, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received prior to, or after the Sweepstakes Period in violation of these Official Rules will be void.
- Sweepstakes Description/How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, Eligible Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes by submitting the Sweepstakes registration form, available at http://www.quickenloans.com/blog/always-on-sweepstakes (a “Registration”). Entrants must complete the Registration form with all required information, including their email address, name, and/or any other information Sponsor may request, to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing (an “Entry”). Limit: one (1) entry per person/email address per Day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Day” shall be defined as each calendar day, beginning at 12:00:00 am ET and ending at 11:59:59 pm ET on that same day. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. ET on January 2, 2017 in order to be eligible for the random drawing.
Attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple Registrations on the same day is in violation of these Official Rules by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, and logins, or any other methods are prohibited and all Entries made by such an individual may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply.
Submission of Entry grants Sponsor and their agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the Entrant. Except where prohibited by law, Winners grant (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use Winner’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their registration form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
- Sweepstakes Prize Winner Selection/Prizes/Odds of Winning:
- Grand Prize: The Sponsor will award one (1) winner one (1) Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a check for $3,000.00 (“Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize (the “ARV”) is three thousand dollars ($3,000).
Second Prize: The Sponsor will award one (1) winner one (1) Second Prize. The Second Prize Winners will receive a check for $1000.00 (“Second Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Second Prize “ARV” is one thousand dollars ($1,000).
Grand Prize Winner and Second Prize Winner are collectively referred to as “Winners.”
Grand Prize and Second Prize are collectively referred to as “Prizes.”
Total ARV for all Prizes: $4,000.00 ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of Prizes as stated herein and value at time of Prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. The ARV of the Prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to Winners may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. The Winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the Prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes.
Winners cannot assign the cash payments. Sponsor’s only obligation is to pay the Winners.
Limit one (1) Prize per person/email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Any form of entry other than those described herein are void. Online Entrants must have a valid email address in order to enter. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said email account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain name associated with the submitted email address. All entries must be received and recorded during the Sweepstakes period to be eligible for the drawing.
- Winner Selection: On or about Friday, January 6, 2017, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Second Prize Winner from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- Taxes and Costs: Winners are solely responsible for all costs associated with accepting a Prize, including all federal, state, and/or local taxes, fees or expenses associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. No Prize will be awarded to any person, whether eligible or not, in any jurisdiction where this Sweepstakes is restricted or prohibited by law or regulation. Sponsor will not permit substitution, transfer or payment of a cash equivalent for any Prize except that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with a Prize of equal or greater value, as a result of the unavailability of the Prize, or for any other reason.
- Notification of Winners: Potential Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone number provided during Registration on approximately Monday, January 9, 2017, between approximately 1:00 PM ET and 5:00 PM ET. Potential Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. The Potential Winners will have ten (10) days of attempted notification to respond to such notification and provide their mailing address for shipment of the Prize. Potential Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of attempted notification. Potential Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form for the value of the Prize. Please allow 4-8 weeks for shipment of Prize after confirmation. If Sponsor does not receive a response with the Potential Winner’s mailing address within ten (10) days of attempted notification, or if a Potential Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if the Prize is unclaimed, such individual will be disqualified and his/her Prize will be forfeited, all in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes won by an eligible Entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will require parent or legal guardian to sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants. In the event that any Prize is forfeited, such Prize may, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner, who will also be selected in a random drawing and will be required to respond within the time parameters set forth herein.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received.
- General Conditions of Participation in This Sweepstakes.
Sponsor(s) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual determined to be in violation of these Official Rules or determined to have acted in an otherwise disruptive or dishonest manner or who tampers with the entry process and/or the Website. Sponsor(s) and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmission or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; counter or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise or any incomplete or inaccurate information resulting from same. Proof of submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor(s). Sponsor(s) failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, modify, or suspend the
Sweepstakes and/or modify the Sweepstakes (or any part of it), if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any deviation from, or violation of, these Official Rules by any Entrant may result in such Entrant being declared ineligible for any Prize in the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unequivocal discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the websites; to be acting in violation of the official rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and persons using any such methods will be disqualified. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, or bot) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. The accumulation of entries generated through robotic, automatic, macro, or like methods is also strictly prohibited. Sponsor’s determination of whether a user is accumulating entries generated through automated means is in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability/Release: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor(s) from the user’s participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any errors in these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes, typographical or other error in the printing of the Sweepstakes materials, administration of the sweepstakes, or the announcement of Prize Winners, including such error that a Prize may have been won. As a condition of participation in the Sweepstakes, Entrant (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) to abide by, and be bound by, these Official Rules and: (A) to release Sponsor(s) and the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of a Prize; (B) that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; (C) that all causes of action arising out of, or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded shall be resolved without resort to any form of class action; (D) BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, A PRIZE WINNER ACCEPTS ANY AND ALL RISKS, INCLUDING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AND AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT, IN ANY WAY, BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH; (E) that by entering the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, including fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure, fulfilment and disputes from the Sweepstakes.
- Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Michigan law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor(s) will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor(s) shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND (2) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SET FORTH ABOVE AND IN SECTION 6 (B)-(D), SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor(s) in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 7 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Michigan, in the City of Detroit.
- Representations and Warranties: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) any information supplied by Entrant (including personally identifiable information) is accurate; (ii) Entrant has the right to provide such information to Sponsor and to grant the consents to use such information as provided herein; (iii) use of such information by Entrant or by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes, as described in these Official Rules or for other promotional purposes will not violate the rights of Entrant or any third party; and (vi) that Entrant is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Winner List: A list of Winners will be available by visiting http://www.quickenloans.com/blog within a reasonable amount of time following the final determination of the Winners. The Winners list will be available for 30 days from Winner confirmation.