In celebration of our Miles for Military program (which is in celebration of our recently closed 2 millionth home loan!), we decided to create an infographic to celebrate the millions of American military members who sacrifice by serving around the world. That’s a lot of celebrating, but it’s worth it.
It’s hard to explain what it’s like to serve overseas, away from family and friends. I know personally because I served a stint over in West Germany when I was in the Army. Things can get pretty lonely when you’re thousands of miles from your loved ones, which is exactly why we’re flying U.S. military members home – for 2 million total miles – through the Miles for Military program. If you or a loved one is in the military, go to QuickenLoans.com/Homefront apply for your chance to receive a free plane ticket to reunite with your family. People can also make a tax-deductible donation to allow more military members to fly for free once we’ve hit our 2 million-mile threshold.
That said, let’s take a look at today‘s infographic. It’s all about the military men, women and children who sacrifice to serve our country. Did you know that more than 2 million children have had a parent deployed at least once since 2001? And that 900,000 of them had both parents deployed? Or that 59% of the Army’s active duty members are married? With our infographic, you’ll learn all kinds of interesting and fun facts such as these. Here are some more:
- California has more active duty military members than any other state.
- There are more than 700 U.S. military bases outside of the U.S.
- The first bases overseas were established in 1898 after victory in the Spanish-American War.
- S. military bases occupy 15,654 square miles around the globe.
- The Army is the largest branch of military service, with about 550,000 active duty members.
- The number of U.S. military members overseas peaked at 1.2 million in 1970 during the Vietnam War.
We hope you enjoy the infographic. We’d love to hear your opinion on it and any words of gratitude you may have for the families of the U.S. military. I will start with a big THANK YOU. Enjoy!
Embed A Military of Many: Service Members and Their Families Infographic on your site:
If so, subscribe now for tips on home, money, and life delivered straight to your inbox.