Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
Registries are a great way to find the perfect gift for a baby on the way. However, even the most thorough registries might miss a few things that actually come in handy, especially since baby items are constantly evolving in health and safety, technology and overall style.
If you’re shopping for a baby shower, look no further than our list of unique and useful baby shower gifts that may have missed the registry.
If You Know the Sex
If the parent(s)-to-be have openly revealed the baby’s sex before the shower, and wish to incorporate it in the registry gifts, you can follow their lead by buying a gift that reflects the overall theme of the things on the registry.
Be sure to pay attention to the colors and patterns of the items they may have already picked out on their registry. You can also go off of their baby shower invitation’s theme or colors, or simply ask a friend or relative of the parent(s) what they’re looking for, as they might be looking for more neutral colors.
With that in mind, here are a few unique and useful gifts you can purchase for a gender-specific shower:
- Monthly Necktie Onesie Stickers – $12.90
- With the growing popularity of milestone or age announcements, these stickers are a fun way to share moments with friends and family, or to use in a baby photo album.
- Personalized Baby Book – $60
- This gift is perfect if you know the baby’s name! A personalized baby book is unique as well as a sentimental gift for recording memories.
- Little Poppy Co. Bow Subscription – $29.99 – $99.99
- Every month, Little Poppy Co. Bows will send three stylish bows, clips or headbands right to their doorstep. It’s a fun gift for the fashion-forward parent!
- Pee Pee TeePee – $10.95
- Silly, yes. But helpful, even more so! The Pee Pee TeePee will help avoid accidents when changing a little boy’s diaper.
If You Don’t Know the Sex
Gender-neutral showers are starting to grow in popularity. They’re a fun way to keep friends and family on their toes; not to mention, gender-neutral décor and clothing is also financially savvy, as they can be passed down or repurposed, should the parent(s) have another child.
Gender neutral items, meaning suitable or applicable to both traditionally-determined genders like male and female, will usually take the form of neutral-colored clothing and nursery decorations at a baby shower. It also applies to any toys or books that could be gifted to either a baby girl or boy.
There are plenty of suitable gifts you can give at a gender-neutral baby shower. Here are just a few:
- Instead of a bulky radio or sound box, this cuddly stuffed animal emits soothing sounds to calm newborns and is proven to promote a better night’s sleep.
- Baby Bandanas – $9.99
- Instead of boring bibs, baby bandanas are a favorite for keeping clothes dry while looking like an everyday, stylish clothing accessory.
- Slumberkins – $36 – $42
- Slumberkins are newer to the stuffed animal market and promote social skills through accompanying books that cover topics like self-esteem and mindfulness.
- Blooming Bath Lotus – $39.99
- This bath accessory is all the rage this year, perfectly cradling the baby during bath time in a safe and comfortable way, and it’s also easy to use for the parent(s).
Gifts for the Parent(s)
Don’t forget about Mom or Dad! In all the hustle and bustle of getting ready for a new baby, take time to show the parent(s)-to-be that they’re supported by giving them their own personal gift.
It could be something practical, like a gift card to a grocery delivery service, or something that they can personally enjoy, like a spa service or yoga class. Think about what the parent(s) might need or enjoy before welcoming the newest addition to their home.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Teething Pendant – $8.99
- Newborns will grab anything they can and put it in their mouth. This dual-purpose accessory/ baby teether will allow baby to safety teethe on a stylish piece of jewelry.
- Baby Bullet Blender – $59.99
- If the parent(s) are looking for an organic way to make homemade baby food, the Baby Bullet blender is easy to use and makes perfectly puréed baby food in just a few minutes.
- Tote Diaper Bag – $150
- Say goodbye to bulky diaper bags. For the parent on the go, gift them a stylish and functional baby diaper bag that they can use for every occasion.
- Shipt Subscription – $99
- When you gift a grocery delivery service, you give the parent(s) some time back in their day by allowing them to have groceries delivered right to their doorstep.
Shopping off-registry can be fun, but it can also be nerve-wracking. If you’re not sure about a possible gift, reach out to the family or friends of the parent(s) for their advice or opinion. At the end of the day, however, it’s the thought of the gift that counts!
If you’re shopping off-registry for any other upcoming events like a wedding, check out our unique wedding gift inspiration.
If so, subscribe now for tips on home, money, and life delivered straight to your inbox.