Our Mortgage Process
If you’re purchasing a home, refinancing the one you have or want to learn more about how mortgages work, we want to make sure you have all the tools you need. That’s why we provide technology, education and customer service to help you with the mortgage process – from applying, to getting approved, to managing your loan.
Here’s how our mortgage process works, and what you can expect from us.
1. Apply for a Loan
Find out what kind of loan is right for you with Rocket Mortgage®, our fast, secure, completely online way to apply for a mortgage. If you don’t want to work online, respond to a few quick questions and a Home Loan Expert will contact you.
And if you’re purchasing a home, get prepared now to make your strongest offer. Find out more about getting approved early and locking your rate for up to 90 days with our Power Buying Process™.¹
How We Make It Easier
- Apply how you want: work online, talk to a Home Loan Expert, or both.
- Import your financial information so you quickly get accurate and verified numbers.
2. Explore Your Options
We’ll match your financial situation and goals with the best loan options for you. We’ll analyze and explain the costs, rates and benefits of each loan option so you can decide which one is right for you.
See What Fits Your Budget
- Use our online calculators to help you choose a loan option.
- Explore your refinance options.
- Explore your purchase mortgage options.
3. Verify Your Information
We’ll check to make sure your information is correct. One way we do this is by reviewing your bank account and tax information. We also reach out to third parties like your employer and insurance agent to get info from them.
How We Make Verification Easy
- If you’re purchasing a home, we offer RateShield Approval™, where we verify all your info up front and lock your interest rate for up to 90 days. If rates go up, your rate stays the same. If rates go down, your rate drops.
- Import your financial info online so you don’t have to bother with finding and sending in paper documents.
- Real-time updates will keep your loan moving quickly.
4. Close Your Loan
Close your loan when you want, where you want – and schedule it all online. We’ll provide you documents and support ahead of time, so you understand the details about your closing costs and loan terms before you sign.
What We Offer
- Choose when and where you want to close your loan.
- Use online tools to get your mortgage paperwork before closing.
5. Manage Your Loan
We service 99% of our loans, so we can provide you with the same great service once your loan is closed. That means that until the day you pay off your loan, we’ll handle things like collecting monthly payments, maintaining your records and providing timely and easy-to-understand updates.
Servicing with Us
- Make fee-free payments on your mortgage, including one-time, automatic and biweekly payments.
- Get easy access to your tax and insurance information.
- We’ll provide mortgage advice and options to help you as your needs change, or if you face a hardship.
¹RateShield Approval locks your initial interest rate for up to 90 days on 30-year conventional, FHA and VA fixed-rate purchase loan products. Your exact interest rate will depend on the date you lock your rate. Once you submit your signed purchase agreement, we’ll compare your rate to our published rates for that date and re-lock your interest rate at the lower of the two rates for an additional 40 to 60 days. Additional conditions or exclusions may apply.