You’ve got the mortgage – now find the perfect home
- Position yourself as a strong buyer in today’s competitive market
- Complete the majority of the mortgage process before looking for a home – including underwriting
- Shop for a home with the confidence of knowing you’re a step ahead of other buyers
Why you should choose Quicken Loans?
- You’ll work with Home Loan Experts. Over the last 29 years, we’ve learned how understanding the unique needs of each client makes a difference.
- Mortgages are all we do, and you can bet we do mortgages unlike any other lender – that’s why you won’t find cutting-edge loan options like Mortgage First or YOURgage anywhere else!
- You manage your mortgage wherever, whenever. Our exclusive online tools, like MyQL and our mortgage calculator app, let you track and manage your mortgage process from start to finish – all in the palm of your hand.
- You’ll have the simplest, smartest mortgage experience ever. We’ll give you proactive updates so you never miss a beat as we’re financing your loan.
- We’re a lender you can trust. We’re committed to providing you a hassle-free, transparent experience that’s earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
How Mortgage First works
- Mortgage First is an upfront approval for home buyers exclusively from Quicken Loans.
- This approval program is available on nearly all of our loan options (with the exception of refinance-only programs).
- Unlike a preapproval, we’ll verify your assets, income and credit to fully underwrite the loan upfront – before you shop for a home.
- Once you find a home, an appraisal will be completed and if everything checks out – you’re on your way to getting the keys to your new home.
- Whether you’re an experienced home buyer or a first-timer, this special approval allows you to negotiate and make an offer on a property with confidence.
- Mortgage First is the next best thing to paying cash in hand, you can position yourself as a strong, serious buyer in a today’s real estate market – and show the competition you truly mean business.
Mortgage First and preapproval both take place before shopping for a home. But what’s the difference?
- Mortgage First is an upfront option where a buyer is fully approved for a mortgage (pending property qualification) determined by a complete verification of credit, assets, debt and income.
- A preapproval letter is traditionally issued after a credit check and a preliminary screening of documents. After a buyer has selected a property, their credit, assets, debt and income must still be fully verified in addition to property qualification.
- With Mortgage First, the majority of the mortgage process is complete prior to shopping and finding a property. All that’s pending is property qualification – and, of course, closing the loan.
- When a buyer with a preapproval letter makes an offer, the seller must delay acceptance until the amount is fully approved by the lender – leaving the buyer vulnerable to the competition while waiting on multiple verifications.
- Mortgage First makes an offer stand out among the competition in today’s real estate market – and is the second best thing to having cash in hand. A seller can expect an offer to go through seamlessly – and the buyer can shop with confidence knowing they’re fully approved by Quicken Loans.
Learn more about Mortgage First and home buying:
- Mortgage rates could change daily.
- Actual payments will vary based on your individual situation and current rates.
- Some products may not be available in all states.
- Some jumbo products may not be available to first time home buyers.
- Lending services may not be available in all areas.
- Some restrictions may apply.
- Based on the purchase/refinance of a primary residence with no cash out at closing.
- We assumed (unless otherwise noted) that: closing costs are paid out of pocket; this is your primary residence and is a single family home; debt-to-income ratio is less than 30%; and credit score is over 720, or in the case of certain Jumbo products we assume a credit score over 740; and an escrow account for the payment of taxes and insurance.
- The lock period for your rate is 45 days.
- The loan to value (LTV) ratio is 70%. If LTV > 80%, PMI will be added to your monthly mortgage payment, with the exception of Military/VA loans. Military/VA loans do not require PMI.
- Please remember that we don’t have all your information. Therefore, the rate and payment results you see from this calculator may not reflect your actual situation. Quicken Loans offers a wide variety of loan options. You may still qualify for a loan even if your situation doesn’t match our assumptions. To get more accurate and personalized results, please call (800) 251-9080 to talk to one of our mortgage experts.
30-Year Fixed-Rate Mortgage: The payment on a $200,000 30-year Fixed-Rate Loan at 3.99% and 70% loan-to-value (LTV) is $953.68 with 1.75 points due at closing. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 4.209%. Payment does not include taxes and insurance premiums. The actual payment amount will be greater. Some state and county maximum loan amount restrictions may apply.