- - http://www.quickenloans.com/blog -
9 New Super Bowl Party Recipes
Posted By Stephanie Koske On January 29, 2013 @ 5:06 pm In Zing Zone | No Comments
You’re probably pumped to see the big hits and game-winning plays the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers will be serving up on Super Bowl Sunday – who isn’t? I enjoy watching the year’s biggest football game (and of course, the legendary commercials) as much as the next person, but I’m pretty excited to try my hand at cooking a few new dishes for my game day festivities.
Thanks to my Pinterest addiction, I’ve compiled a handful of ideas for kickoff time that’ll please any palate. Some are super-duper simple, and a few might take a bit more time. Check them out, get inspired, and heat up that stove – you might be hungry once you get done browsing through these recipes!
Your young guests will love this pizza bread, and you’ll totally dig the fact that it’s a cinch to whip up.
For a Loaf, You’ll Need:
1. Roll pizza dough into a large rectangle
2. Spread pizza sauce atop dough
3. Cover sauce with your favorite toppings, cheeses, and sprinkle with seasonings
4. Roll dough into a loaf, pinching the seams closed
5. Bake loaf seam side down for 30 minutes at 400 degrees
6. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce
You’ve had buffalo wings. You’d rather skip delivery pizza. And that buffalo chicken dip? So last year. Try these buffalo chicken pizza sticks instead!
For 16 Sticks, You’ll Need:
1. Toss shredded, cooked chicken with buffalo wing sauce over medium heat
2. Roll pizza dough into a large rectangle and bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees
3. Remove dough from oven and top partially cooked dough with shredded, cooked chicken and cheese
4. Bake for 6 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees (or until cheese starts to bubble)
5. Top with thinly sliced green onions and serve warm with your favorite buffalo wing dressing for dipping
This recipe for individual seven layer dips pairs perfectly with chips – and my need for speed in the kitchen! They’re portability is totally convenient for game time, too.
For 8 Cups, You’ll Need:
1. Mix refried beans with taco seasoning
2. Assemble layers in tumblers as follows: refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded Mexican cheese, and diced tomatoes
3. Top with thinly sliced green onions and black olives
4. Serve with tortilla chips
You thought Thanksgiving was tough on your waistline? Super Bowl Sunday packs a punch, too – the average American consumes at least a day’s worth of calories during the game alone! Check out these yummy (and vegetarian, to boot) baked southwestern egg rolls.
For 24 Egg Rolls, You’ll Need:
1. Mix all ingredients except for the egg roll wrappers in a large bowl
2. Place ¼ cup of filling on each egg roll wrapper and fold (get the 411 on how to roll like a pro)
3. Bake rolls for 7 to 8 minutes on each side 425 degrees
4. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce
Forget those boring, old taco boxes at the drive thru – serve up this fantastic mini taco remix!
For 24 Mini Tacos You’ll Need:
1. Cook ground beef with taco seasoning
2. Coat two 12-well muffin tins with a fine layer of non-stick spray (or use muffin liners, if you prefer)
3. Place uncooked egg roll wrappers in each partition
4. Fill with ground beef and top with shredded Mexican cheese blend
5. Bake mini tacos for 8 minutes at 350 degrees
6. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauces
I saw these Philly cheesesteak-stuffed bell peppers and couldn’t resist adding this interesting (and low-carb) option to the Super Bowl Sunday menu. And of course, they’re not too tough to make!
For 8 Peppers, You’ll Need:
1. Slice peppers in half lengthwise, removing the ribs and seeds
2. Use the butter, olive oil, and minced garlic to sauté sliced mushrooms and onions over medium heat until caramelized
3. Add thinly sliced roast beef strips to the mushroom and onion mixture, cooking for 5 to 10 minutes
4. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese
5. Fill each pepper with roast beef, mushroom, and onion mixture
6. Top with another slice of provolone cheese
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees and serve warm
Sliders are awesome. Tiny, portable, delicious – they’re the real deal. If you’re ready to swap your plain Jane cheeseburgers for something new, check out these General Tso’s chicken sliders.
For 8 Sliders, You’ll Need:
1. Combine General Tso’s stir fry sauce mix with brown sugar, orange juice, minced garlic, grated ginger, crushed red pepper, and olive oil over medium heat, bringing to a low boil
2. Brush boneless, skinless chicken breasts with olive oil and grill over medium heat until fully cooked
3. Shred chicken using two forks and blend with sauce mixture in a large bowl
4. Spoon shredded chicken mixture on each roll, topping with coleslaw
Sometimes you just crave a nice, crisp salad. And with some of the spicy stuff I’ll be serving up, this tangy southwestern chopped chicken salad will do just the trick.
For 4 Large Servings of Salad, You’ll Need:
1. Combine shredded chicken, diced green bell pepper, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, chopped avocadoes, and lettuce in a large bowl
2. Mix dressing ingredients separately, and the amount of your liking with the salad
3. Top with crushed tortilla chips and finely chopped cilantro
I can never get enough jalapeno poppers, and I love anything I can pop a crunchy tortilla chip into. So when I stumbled upon this jalapeno popper in dip form, I couldn’t resist sharing it with you! This’ll definitely be on my game day menu.
For a Large Dish, You’ll Need:
You’ve just encountered a wealth of knowledge. Eight crazy-awesome Super Bowl party recipes, to be exact! Get to cooking, and enjoy!
Article printed from : http://www.quickenloans.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.quickenloans.com/blog/super-bowl-party-recipes-2
Copyright © 2012 Zing Blog by Quicken Loans. All rights reserved.