Hi friends! You might remember me as a writer here for Mortgage News, but now I spend my days here at QL being our social media manager.
That means I get to talk to y’all on our Twitter and Facebook. I share lots of stuff, including all of our awesome articles and videos PLUS you get to see a little bit of what it’s like to be in our office. You got questions about our loans, rates, people, jobs? I can help on Twitter and Facebook!
Now for the fun part – we’re doing a giveaway just for our awesome Twitter followers! And it’s big – $500 to help with your mortgage payment! All you have to do is follow us on Twitter and tell us why you deserve the $500 to help with your mortgage by midnight on May 5! In order to enter, you must use the following hashtag so we can find your tweet: #QLCash
We know it’s only 140 characters, but be creative with your tweet! Want to make a video or send us a picture? That’s fine – just make sure the link fits into your 140 character tweet! And, only 1 entry per person, so think about it before you tweet it.
The official rules are below, but if you’ve got questions, leave us a comment or….ask me on Twitter! Good luck!
Best Tweet Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER.
1. Eligibility: The Best Tweet Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Quicken Loans Inc. and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Quicken Loans Inc., 1050 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, Michigan 48226.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on May 5, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 5, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.twitter.com and tweet using 140 characters or less the reason why Quicken Loans should give you $500 to help with your next mortgage payment. Your tweet must include the hashtag #qlcash.
Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different identities, registrations or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5. Judging and Notification: Sponsor will provide a panel of judges to select a winner based upon the following scoring criteria: your creativity will be weighted as seventy (70%) of your score and your ability to tell a compelling story on why you should receive $500 to help with your next mortgage payment will be weighted as thirty (30%) of your score. The tweet that receives the highest total score will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will randomly select a winner among the group of entries identified in the tie.
Potential winners will be notified by mail or phone and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: $500 paid by Sponsor toward your mortgage. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500. In the event that winner does not have a mortgage or would prefer not to have a payment made toward his/her mortgage by Sponsor, winner may elect to receive a cash alternative of $500 awarded in the form of a check to winner.
For all Prizes: Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Total ARV of all prizes: $500.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (4) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than July 31, 2011. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “Quicken Loans Best Tweet Giveaway, Winner List Request,” to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2011 Quicken Loans Inc. All rights reserved.
If so, subscribe now for tips on home, money, and life delivered straight to your inbox.