Of the 22.3 million veterans in the United States, less than 10% take advantage of VA loan benefits. Many members of the military and veterans aren’t aware of the special VA Home Loan Program that’s available to them regardless if they’re a first-time home buyer or they want to refinance a current loan. They may be missing the best benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VA Home Loan Program offers:
- No down payment
- No private mortgage insurance premium required
- First-time home buyers benefit from fewer costs
- No penalty fees if the loan is paid off early
- Refinance up to 100% of a primary home’s value
We’ve assembled some great folks who will answer the most popular FAQs about VA Loans. This is going to be both fun and informative.
Some examples of questions we’ll be answering:
- Where can I get a copy of my DD-214?
- What are the main benefits of VA loans, as compared to a conventional or FHA loan?
- What changes is the VA making to improve the VA loan process?
- What is a funding fee? Are there instances in which the funding fee is waived?
- How does a veteran have a seller pay closing costs? Is this always the case or negotiated?
Here’s a quick run-down of what to expect on Friday:
What: Together, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Military.com and Quicken Loans are hosting a LIVE Google+ Hangout to talk about the benefits of VA Loans, debunk common myths and misconceptions surrounding the loan program and answer any questions from veterans and their families.
- John Bell, Assistant Director of Loan Policy and Valuation at the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Terry Howell, Managing Editor for Benefits for Military.com and the author of The Military Advantage, an annually updated guide to military and veteran benefits
- Representatives from the National Association of Realtors
- Moderated by Clayton Closson, U.S. Army Veteran and Quicken Loans team member
Date and Time: Friday, August 9, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. ET
Editor’s note: the Hangout was a great success. All of the members of the panel contributed great info and we’re happy to share it here. Enjoy and let us know what you think!